CCi Creative Skills & Academic Skills
Both Academic Skills and CCi Creative Skills are located in Eldon 0.92 (next to the Faculty Office)
The Creative Skills staff offer one-to-one support sessions and group workshops in creative software and skills relevant to your course and future careers.
How do I book a 1-1?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply drop in to arrange an appointment.
The CCi Creative Skills offers workshops, one to one sessions and drop-in appointments in both academic and creative skills. These range from academic writing, referencing and dissertation planning through to software and hardware skills, production techniques, use of TV studios, video editing and drawing (among many other activities). If you need extra help or want to learn additional skills call in to the CCi Creative Skills to find out what’s on offer.
As a CCi student you can sign up for any of the workshops or activities. Workshops and activities are free for students but for some workshops/activities you might have to pay a small refundable deposit to secure your booking.
You can do one to one or group workshops in creative areas such as:
- Image editing software such as Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator;
- Film, television, video editing and VFX software such as Avid, Premiere, After Effects etc;•
- Sound Production software and techniques;
- Life drawing, Observational drawing, and Perspective drawing.
- Architectural modelling (CAD) software such as Sketchup and Autocad;
- Television studio video camera setup and use, studio lighting, sound recording etc;
To find out about the workshop schedule and drop-in sessions please email email@example.com
See the CCi Skills Centre Facebook page.
Creative Skills Tutors-
Bill Stote and Steve Hall work as Skills Tutors providing amongst other things workshops and one-to-one sessions on software and hardware skills, production techniques, use of still/video cameras, sound equipment, computer programming, drawing and student projects. Bill and Steve are based in EL0.92
Ryan offer one-to-one or small-group support to any CCi students who need advice with moving image projects - short films, TV, animation and motion graphics - and each term he also hosts a series of workshops on a range of creative software such as After Effects and Premiere Pro. He can also train you in the use of video equipment and stills cameras that you wish to loan from the CCi Loanstore.
Acadmic Skills [also in Eldon 0.92]:
offer support with academic areas such as:
- Academic writing and structure (essays, reports, dissertations etc.)•Academic reading skills
- Academic argument and critical analysis
- Making the most of assignment feedback
- Referencing, citations and avoiding plagiarism
- Presentation skills
- Time management: organising and planning your work load
- Exam and revision techniques
Academic Skills Tutors:
+44 (0)23 9284 5911
+44 (0)23 9284 5346
Anna Limpens p/t
+44 (0)23 9284 3817