CCi Skills Centre
The CCi Skills Centre offers workshops, one to one sessions and drop-in appointments inboth academic and creative skills. These range from academic writing, referencing anddissertation planning through to software and hardware skills, production techniques, useof TV studios, video editing and drawing (among many other activities). If you need extrahelp or want to learn additional skills call in to the CCi Skills Centre to find out what’s onoffer.
As a CCi student you can sign up for any of the workshops or activities. Workshops and activities are free for students but for some workshops/activities you might have to pay a small refundable deposit to secure your booking.
You can do one to one or group workshops in creative areas such as:
- Image editing software such as Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator;
- Film, television, video editing and VFX software such as Avid, Premiere, After Effects etc;•
- Sound Production software and techniques;
- Life drawing, Observational drawing, and Perspective drawing.
- Architectural modelling (CAD) software such as Sketchup and Autocad;
- Television studio video camera setup and use, studio lighting, sound recording etc;
and in academic areas such as:
- Academic writing and structure (essays, reports, dissertations etc.)•Academic reading skills
- Academic argument and critical analysis
- Making the most of assignment feedback
- Referencing, citations and avoiding plagiarism
- Presentation skills
- Time management: organising and planning your work load
- Exam and revision techniques
To find out about the workshop schedule and drop-in sessions please email email@example.com
Anna Warren is a Learning Support Tutor and will be providing study skills support to individual students and small groups both on a drop-in basis in Eldon and in a "Maths Cafe" style in Portland and St George's. Anna is based in EL0.05a
Bill Stote and Allen Jennings have just started work as Skills Tutors providing amongst other things workshops and one-to-one sessions on software and hardware skills, production techniques, use of still/video cameras, sound equipment, computer programming, drawing and student projects. Bill and Allen are based in EL2.32
See the CCi Skills Centre Facebook page.